Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Real Estate & Property

I came to read on one article about ; The U.S. property crash – could it happen here? someone shared on the FB. Via the link I discovered even more interesting one. The title which is  "The biggest gift a dad could give – a child’s financial security" really attracted me. I never had a slightest idea, the properties both of us (my husband and I) bought now could really become an investment for our future children's education fund. 


Nowadays, people tend to save money in banks or ASB or bought an insurance which could be converted to education's funds for children. But never that I heard a direct relation between investment in buying property with education savings. The article explained well on how much you want to save by investing it in buying a property. Let's say you want to save RM200,000, simply by purchasing a property with the same value and top up with additional 25% on top of it. After 20 years, when the money needed for the education, you can cashing it out and more interesting by getting 100% profit out of it. To know more in details, please refer to the above link by clicking on it.

My husband and I bought our first property, the last unit of bungalow at Nilai Impian with the cost of RM333,000++. We decided after my dad told me the concrete and metal's price will be rising up the following year (2009). My dad is a contractor and he knew quite a lot about construction materials and the prices. That was around August 2008, a year before we both get married. I spent my summer holiday in Malaysia and with limited time we both had, as I am flying back to Holland and my husband to India, we managed to prepare some of the document and signed some of the agreements before we both flew off. At that time, the saving we had were mainly for our wedding on 2009 but we knew this will be a great investment ahead.

Yes, indeed. After more than 2 years, the market price increasing. The same unit as ours, most probably costs more than RM450K by now. I feel grateful we could grabbed the house after someone's loan has been turned down due to over age. My advise, property investment indeed cost huge sum of money and risk but it is good to start when you are young with good financial history. The bank will be happy to accept you! But I should say, big thanks to my mom-in-laws whom played a very important role in helping us getting the house or even asking around the housing office nearby. If not, we wouldn't be able to know about it! Besides, she contributed quite a lot afterwards since we both no longer in Malaysia to handle all the matters.

Alhamdullilah....after 2 years buying our first 'home' even though we never had a chance to live on it yet, we decided to invest on the second one. 



My husband checking on our 2-years-empty-house

We had the intention to rent out the second property which we thought it will be a perfect place to get tenants.    This one which had just completed its agreement/loans documentations, will be ready by September 2011. Double-story terrace with 4 bedrooms costed RM210K++, would be more than enough space to rent out to college students or even the teachers. The strategic location in Banting which is now developing into 'education valley' with ILP, IKBN, Kolej Matrikulasi Banting and Sekolah Sains etc., mushrooming will be a prefect return of investment. Keep the fingers cross! InsyaAllah...

In summary I would say that even though we might be risking our current financial security, I feel that I am more convinced than ever now after reading the article. I am confident that it would be the best for our children even though we haven't had any yet. 

Oh, by all means, should we have 2 kids by now? *Dreaming mode turns on......*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing....good thought...Nice bungalow and brilliant investment...Nanti bila buat house warming jangan lupa jemput kami....hehehehe

Madam Sooyaree said...

Selalu terfikir nak buat real estate business, tapi tak pernah nye nak mula! :P

Melissa Imran said...

Aku nk sewa rumah yang kat Nilai tu boleh? Senang nk p kerja hahahaha

Hisiq said...

Abg Azmi, maaf lambat reply.Time tu dah busy kat msia..InsyaAllah kalau dah balik Msia for good nanti saya buat kenduri kesyukuran & house warming sekali and akan jemput sekeluarga mai ;)

Huda, actually I never thought the same too...baru je muncul minat2 ni..

Lisa, leh ar sewa, xde hal...leh ar cover hutang bank bulan2 ;P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...