Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunny Snowy Sunday!

Yeah! White, sunny, snowy and so freaking cold! It was around -4 to -5C today. I supposed snow will be pouring down heavily and cover it up all white around this week. As for now it only covered some and mostly melted once it reach the ground. So let see if this week more and more snow coming as predicted. I will  update you more!


Nothing much to do, I had my vase filled with bouquet of roses. I bought it from the Saturday market yesterday. Well, I should say, it has been a while since I replenish my vase like every week when I had my apartment in Rotterdam. I may say I missed doing that!


So, what did I do during this sunny-snowy-Sunday? Well, I made Roti Canai (or shall I say it ready made? ;P) while Mek Yana made Sambal Udang and Kari Ayam Brahim (useful at this time around) for our brunch. It was really great to have nice warm food and hot coffee by the window. "Atas sejuk bawah panas eh Mek Yana?". Anyway if you happen to visit her, her coffee was damn good! Ask for it and you'll ask for more!



It was really nice. Feels like home already. Right after we had our discussions plus gossips (of course!), I have to rush to prepare foods for my coursemates. I promised to cook Malaysian food and after browsing around for recipes to cook, I decided to cook Nasi Beriyani with Daging masak Prune, Ayam masak Merah and Acar Nanas. I am pleased that they seem to enjoy it! Thanks to Yuni for organizing it and to be co-assistant. Also to Hong and Jenny too ;)







The interesting part is that everyone has to eat with hand according to Malaysian & Indonesian style and not allowed to use spoon and fork. Well, seems everyone ready to take the challenge. (Sorry for the bad quality of the photos)



They felt awkward at first but yet still managed to finish their plates. Not long after that, Ebru and Grace arrived. Grace came with Sushi and Onde-onde while Ebru brought Baklava. Yummyyy!! Feels like home & like heaven!




The conclusion, we had a great time, huge calories with lots and lots of laughter. Too bad that I have to leave early to prepare my labwork at NIZO tomorrow. But anyway I enjoyed it very much! Thanks everyone ;)

Unfortunately the quality of the photos wasn't that good. I was so lazy to use my camera instead of my iphone ;). Anyway,I  really enjoyed the sunny-snowy-cold Sunday!!

3 comments:

Cik Benang said...

OK, nnti I pi sana ak claim jugak nasik briyani u. ehehe... n kopi Mek Yana.

MsNiniE said...

seronoknye potluck!

Hisiq said...

Mamat, hahah insyaAllah xde masalah punya ;P

Hasni, seronok dpt makan dan makan ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...