Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Story of One Night

Sebelum bermula cerita akak ni, akak nak feeling2 omputih skit ye...jadinya akak nak speaking omputih la pulak untuk post kali ni ;)

Well, where should I begin then? Maybe I should start with my day and then follow by the highlight of my story. It wasn't so interesting story after all. Some damn boring daily routine in the lab for my experiment. But this time, I did sampling at 2 to 20 hours and the highlight was at 10 hours duration time. The plan was to start running the experiment at 12:00 hour and following sampling at 14:00. The 20 hours sampling will be at 08:00 hour tomorrow morning. Well, the tricky part was to determine at what time should I take out my sample after 10 hours. Let's do some calculations! If I start the experiment earlier like 8 or 10 am, it will cost me deathly morning call just to be there as early as 4 or 6 am in the morning for my 20 hours sampling. On the other hands, 10 hours sampling will be much easier in that case will be around 6 or 8 pm. Well, I would rather coming in late evening than wake up as early as 4 or 6 am in the morning! So the story of one night began ;) I began at 12:40 hour after getting my lunch, delayed by 40 minutes (refer pic and story below) means I will have to do sampling (10 hours) at 22: 40 hours. I came 10 minutes earlier, searching the keys at the secret place where only us (Food Physic & PDQ people) will know of course. But well Lab 203's key wasn't there. But through Lab 202 I managed to get in. Darkness!! Before I proceed more, my plan was delayed due to my own 'cleverness' for not even thinking in advance of what to-do-next or before hand. I stated in my FB status today, I might not say more but I know, silly me! LOL!




Despite being worry about my late overtime work alone and all stupid possibilities which came to my mind like.."What if.....or what may....?" and all those illusions, I guess it wasn't so bad after all. On the way to lab, the night life still going on. I saw some people cycling, walk their dogs in this cold evening and even jogging. Well, Thursday night also known as party night here! So people still outside there. Just to make myself feel better before reaching the destination. 


Upon arriving, I quickly put on some musics from my iPhone just to break the silence. I do feel eerie with a lot of things came up to my mind. Even any slightest sound will make my head turn around! So penakut! Well, I have just to take 6 samples out and I'm done! On the 5th sample, sound of some kind of alarm suddenly burst into the silent night! Hmmm...I looked around and think, if it maybe fire alarm. Oh well, I scared with those 'invisible thing' even more than the fire. What ever happen I just want to finish my last 2 sampling and get the hell out of there as soon as possible. Ignoring the alarm which stop few minutes or could be seconds later luckily, I quickly finish it off and settling up for final sampling tomorrow morning. Picture below showed to you where I did my sampling that brought this nightmare!


I am done at last! Closing everything, switched off the light and as fast as I could, I locked the door and put the key back to its place. Get in the elevator and damn! Reaching down I forgot my sling bag which I had my purse inside! I am soooooooooooooo not getting back!! Well, lucky me I had my keys and phone in my pocket's jacket. Purse can wait till tomorow!! I rest assured it will be safe as I locked everything up. I reached home safely in cold icy night and the stone rain coming tonight. The so not best part awaiting after as I have to find a place to park my bike. That happened when you were the last person ever coming back home. Full house!


All in all, it was an experience. Thinking again, it wasn't an easy path right now. Not only for me also for those  friends doing their thesis right now. I know it is hard, it is torturing, it is tiring and it requires you a lot not only mental but physical preparation eg. like tonight, cycling up the hill in the middle of cold winter night alone ;). Yeah, there are ups and downs. I know it is nothing comparing to doing pHD for some people. But I liked one of my friend's status in FB today, specifically about thesis. Couldn't agree more about the feeling especially when you feel a bit down or less motivated with your unsatisfying outcome. But well, nothing comes easy. 


Anyway, I enjoyed what ever I am doing right now. I do appreciate being a student again. It will last soon and I want to still treasure it even though more and more challenges keep coming ;). To all my friends, we will manage! Keep going on ;)

Till here, off to bed now. Another final sampling tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Yaniey said...

dila, me too.. rasa penat dn lemah smgt silih berganti. but damn sure i will try!! and try smpi boleh. insyaallah kita boleh!!

Hisiq said...

Kak Yani, yup memang ade up & down. tu mmg pasti. Apepun, sama2lah kite keep trying ang moving. InsyaAllah Kak Yani, kita pasti BOLEHHH!

MsNiniE said...

aku suke post nih...takpe,pengorbanan yg pasti berbaloi2...keep strong, babe! mmuaahhh

Hisiq said...

thanks Hasni, InsyaAllah someday it will be paid off ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...